Christmas is a time of giving and in true Ceres fashion, we are once again donating to a chosen charity rather than sending Christmas cards. This year, our account manager Emily nominated Weldmar Hospicecare, a charity close to her heart and based in her home county of Dorset. 

Weldmar Hospicecare provides end of life care for people living in Dorset who need specialist support. Their compassionate approach supports patients and their families, medically and in other ways, in the community, in the hospice and at home. They are an independent charity with only 25% of their funds provided by the NHS. For the other 75%, they rely totally on donations raised by the support of the local community and we’re pleased that our donation will help with the important work that they do.

Emily says: “When given the opportunity to nominate a charity for this year’s Christmas card donation, it was a no-brainer to put forward Weldmar Hospicecare. When my mum was diagnosed with cancer for the second time, the support and care they provided was unbelievable – not just to my mum but to us as a family. It was a wonderful place for my mum to spend not only the last two weeks of her life, but also the months leading up to her passing. Not only do they provide incredible medical care, they also cater for the everyday care, such as their day services which include art classes, afternoon tea and relaxing treatments to name a few. It was also comforting to see her experience the love, support and compassion from the team there. They deserve all the support they can get, and it truly is a wonderful place for those going through such a distressing time. This donation will go towards helping other families going through a similar situation and to continue the great care that they give – not just at Christmas, but all year round.”

Get the next edition of our Ceres Newsletter

FRESH